We’re excited to talk with Danika Waddell today, owner of Xena Financial Planning, a long-time follower of XYPN, and a relatively new entrepreneur. As you’ll hear, Danika has experienced rapid growth in her newly-launched firm and now serves over 60 clients just 13 months in. So, what’s her secret?
As we explore today, you’ll hear that it comes down to knowing your strengths and weaknesses and creating a dream team to help you stay sane and serve your clients. Danika discusses how she relies on and leverages her community, centers of influence, and coaches to help her stay on track. She talks about the nuances of pricing in Washington state and how she expects to change her firm in the future. Danika shares the softer side of how she approaches her firm, takes care of herself, embraces the abundance mentality, and is motivated by making financial planning accessible to more people.
If you’re interested in how to hit the ground running and find success when you launch your firm, then this show is for you.
Listen to the Full Interview:
Watch the Full Interview:
What You'll Learn from This Episode:
- Who Danika Waddell is and her journey to starting her own RIA (00:02:45)
- The value of centers of influence and nurturing relationships (00:14:21)
- Having a business coach from the beginning and outsourcing pieces of the business (00:16:38)
- How to balance feeling supported as a solo advisor (00:19:57)
- Learning from your first hire (00:23:52)
- What types of roadblocks there were when trying to get registered and the impact on her fee model (00:26:29)
- Feeding your why and a sense of purpose when working with new clients and prospects (00:33:47)
- How to stay healthy mentally as an entrepreneur and business owner (00:39:31)
- The clash between staying accessible and changing your fee model (00:44:06)
Featured on the Show:
- Danika Waddell: Website | LinkedIn | Find an Advisor Profile
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
- Ep #316: Get What You Want Out of Your Business Using the EOS Model: An Interview with Jerry Kauffman
- National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA)
- Nifty Advisor Support
- Mastering Masterming Groups
- The Human Side of Money
- FPA Podcast
This Episode is Sponsored By:
An event made just for fee-for-service advisors? Yep, you heard that right. It's #XYPNLIVE and with over 45 content sessions, three keynotes, a one-of-a-kind exhibit day, and networking opportunities galore, it's the game-changing event you've been looking for. Join us in November (in-person or virtually) and leave with knowledge, new connections, and a whole lot of inspiration to accelerate your progress and smash your goals—no matter where you are in your advisor journey. Visit xypnlive.com for full details and to grab your pass.