This might just be our favorite episode of #XYPNRadio yet. We're excited to welcome back author, New York Times columnist, artist, and financial advisor Carl Richards.
Carl is a New York Times best-selling author of multiple books, speaks all over the world, and enjoys what most of us would consider a highly successful career. But at our XYPN15 conference back in September 2015, his presentation focused, in large part, on his fear of failure.
Carl’s fear is one that many successful people share. You're afraid you're not good enough and that you don't have permission to be a success.
This fear is known as imposter syndrome -- and we tackle it head-on in this show.
In this episode, we talk about the different types of imposter syndrome and how to recognize when you start to fall into this mindset trap. Carl also shares how to move past imposter syndrome so you can learn to enjoy and accept your success.
Listen to the Full Interview:
What You'll Learn from This Episode:
- What imposter syndrome is.
- How Carl came across the concept of imposter syndrome.
- Why new experiences bring out this fear and mindset
- Why successful people are typically the ones who experience this phenomenon.
- The three components of imposter syndrome.
- Why we fear the new and unknown.
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Carl: Behavior Gap | Blog | Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Sound Cloud
- XYPN Radio Ep #2: An Inside Look Into Carl Richards’ Financial Planning Process
- The One-Page Financial Plan: A Simple Way to Be Smart About Your Money by Carl Richards
- The Behavior Gap: Simple Ways to Stop Doing Dumb Things with Money by Carl Richards
- Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert
- The War of Art: Winning the Inner Creative Battle by Steven Pressfield
- Seth Godin
- Jeff Rose
- Maya Angelou
- Steven Pressfield
- Ron Lieber
- Elizabeth Gilbert