We’re excited to welcome back XYPN member Kay Dee Cole, CFP®, founder of Clarity Wealth Development, on the show today. Kay Dee was on the show back in 2017 and we wanted to bring her back on now, to give us an update on her firm and how things have progressed and changed. I have to say it was hard to find anything that was similar to the business she was running five years ago, aside from her being there and her niche.
Kay Dee shared the various transitions that have happened from splitting with a business partner, finding her integrator, which is something we talked a lot about, building up the team, selling a portion of the company to her employees, and ultimately setting herself on a path to spend more time on passion projects.
If you’re interested in being really intentional about building the business that makes sense for you and where you're at in life, this episode is for you!
Listen to the Full Interview:
Watch the Full Episode:
What You'll Learn from This Episode:
- Early advice Kay Dee received and her path to success (00:02:24)
- Pivotal changes for Kay Dee and her firm (00:07:37)
- Using EOS with only four employees (00:14:38)
- Finding an integrator and being able to shift into the visionary role (00:21:45)
- Deciding to sell 25% of your business (00:28:55)
- Plans for the future in terms of growth and firm size (00:35:01)
- Finding variety in clients while sticking to your niche (00:40:10)
- Having advisors who serve specific clientele in your firm (00:42:32)
- Kay Dee’s future plans as her client base is winding down (00:45:23)
Featured on the Show:
- Kay Dee Cole: Website | Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
- XYPN Radio Nomination Form
- XYPN VIP Facebook Community
This Episode is Sponsored By:
Stuck managing your business instead of serving your clients? You’re not alone. Entrepreneurs often find themselves working in their business rather than on it. That’s why we’re so excited to announce: XY Virtual Assistant+ is here to free you to do what you do best and leave the rest to us. Created to go way beyond traditional task management, XYVA+ was designed to be a partner who not only supports your business, but optimizes it. Check out xyplanningnetwork.com/assist to find all the ways XYVA+ can grow your firm from where it is to where you want it to be.