We’re excited to welcome XYPN member Sharon Weaver, CFP®, the founder of Mission Financial Planning, on the show today. Sharon has been a CFP® for over 25 years but had never actually done a financial plan until she launched her firm 11 years ago.
Some early dentist clients from a center of influence referral eventually led her to go all in on working with dentists. She's been growing her network of dentistry practice consultants, bankers, and insurance folks who work with dentists and is also networking with investment managers who refer clients to her because she is advice-only, meaning she doesn't manage investments. She's been growing her firm and has started hiring for support. Sharon talked about the decision to hire and what she's looking for in a second planner.
If you're interested in learning more about what it’s like to work with dentists and hire on a second lead planner, this episode is for you.
Listen to the Full Interview:
Watch the Full Interview:
What You'll Learn from This Episode:
- Sharon’s experience and what prompted starting her own firm 11 years ago (00:02:02)
- The decision for Mission Financial Planning to be advice-only (00:12:40)
- The unique service model and meeting structure Sharon has developed (00:17:40)
- How valuable building relationships can be for referrals (00:21:08)
- Going all in on your niche—especially on your website (00:26:21)
- What goes into creating a fee structure built for your clients (00:28:46)
- The role financial therapy plays in financial planning (00:38:39)
- Sharon’s plans to build a dentist-specific boutique firm (00:43:16)
Featured on the Show:
- Sharon Weaver: Website | Facebook | LinkedIn | Find an Advisor Profile
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
- #XYPNRadio Nomination Form
- #XYPNRadio Listener Survey
- Ep #336: Finding Balance Building a Boutique Firm & Serving the Dentist Niche: A Conversation with Reese Harper
- National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA)
- Certified Financial Therapy (CFT)
- Accredited Wealth Management Advisor (AWMA)
- Rick Keller
- Become a Financial Therapist
- Arlene Moss
This Episode is Sponsored By:
Thanks for being a listener of #XYPNRadio! We want to hear from you about what you want to hear from us. What types of guests do you want to learn from next? What topics or pain points are you craving insight on? Go to xyplanningnetwork.com/radiosurvey to fill out a short survey telling us what—and who—you want to hear on #XYPNRadio. That’s xyplanningnetwork.com/radiosurvey.