We’re excited to welcome XYPN member Patrick Clark to the show today. Patrick is the founder of Neshaminy Creek Advisors, a fee-only firm specializing in volunteer firefighting companies and their firefighters in Bucks County, PA.
Patrick has been in the industry for almost 30 years, starting out on the investment side of the business before getting introduced to financial planning through a friend and eventual business partner. He launched his own firm four years ago with just one volunteer firefighting company but has quickly grown. Patrick shared how his niche is starting to compound with referrals from existing clients, and referrals from an accounting firm that also exclusively specializes in the same niche, and the firefighters themselves. His story is a great example of why having a niche truly is so powerful.
Listen to the Full Interview:
Watch the Full Interview:
What You'll Learn from This Episode:
- The history of Patrick’s experience in the industry and what pushed him to launch his own firm (00:02:04)
- What volunteer firefighter companies are (00:12:45)
- The ideal client for Neshaminy Creek Advisors (00:19:07)
- What types of services Patrick’s clients can expect when working with him (00:23:39)
- The value-add of a financial advisor being a part of audits (00:26:47)
- How this niche still allows for basic financial planning relationships (00:30:59)
- Using Facebook Live as a marketing strategy (00:34:50)
- Why Patrick wants to start sending out a printed newsletter to clients (00:45:57)
- Getting into the broader community early (00:48:23)
Featured on the Show:
- Patrick Clark: Website | LinkedIn | Facebook
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
- #XYPNRadio Nomination Form
- #XYPNRadio Listener Survey
- Pontera (formerly FeeX)
- Facebook Live
- Length of Service Awards Program (LOSAP).
- Lincoln Financial Group
This Episode is Sponsored By:
Thanks for being a listener of #XYPNRadio! We want to hear from you about what you want to hear from us. What types of guests do you want to learn from next? What topics or pain points are you craving insight on? Go to xyplanningnetwork.com/radiosurvey to fill out a short survey telling us what—and who—you want to hear on #XYPNRadio. That’s xyplanningnetwork.com/radiosurvey.