Today, we talk to Cynthia Meyer, a CFP®, CFA, and XYPN Member, who is the owner and founder of Real Life Planning—a fee-for-service firm dedicated to supporting real estate investors. Today’s podcast is full of information as Cynthia shares her expertise with real estate, and how she’s been able to create a service model that has allowed her to scale to 50 clients in her first three years.
We talk about everything from the real estate bubble to how she is able to leverage her campaign management experience. Cynthia exudes enthusiasm for her work, her clients, and her niche—and it’s contagious. Cynthia is also a power user of the XYPN Network and has effectively launched the highly-productive Real Estate Investment study group within the XYPN membership community, and she speaks about how giving back has given her so much value in return.
If you’re interested in real estate as an asset class, and how to serve clients who are too, then this show is for you.
Listen to the Full Interview:
Watch the Full Interview:
What You'll Learn from This Episode:
- What the real estate investor niche is (00:03:02)
- Cynthia’s background before starting her own firm (00:12:51)
- The firm’s service model and the two paths clients can go down (00:16:24)
- What made Cynthia take the leap to launch her firm (00:21:00)
- How financial planning is different for real estate as an asset class and the bias that exists around it (00:24:45)
- The Real Estate Investment study group within the XYPN community (00:29:50)
- The change Cynthia wants to make for her clients (00:36:46)
- What enabled early success (00:39:38)
- How Cynthia’s happiness level has improved with owning her own financial planning firm (00:42:45)
Featured on the Show:
- Cynthia Meyer: Website | LinkedIn | Find An Advisor Profile
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
- Blue Ocean Strategy: How to Create Uncontested Market Space and Make Competition Irrelevant by W. Chan Kim and Renee Mauborgne
- XYPN Find an Advisor Portal
- Lift | Launch
- Scott Jensen
This Episode is Sponsored By:
A firm isn't a firm without clients—as the Chief Marketing Officer of your RIA, the most important job you have is guiding prospects through your marketing funnel and converting them to clients. If your funnel has leak, you could be spinning your wheels and missing opportunities. Mapping your funnel is the first step towards developing an effective marketing strategy and a valuable tool for evaluating the health of an existing one. Download our free template and map your funnel.