We’re excited to interview XYPN’s very own Director of Advisor Education, Kori Lennon. Kori pulls the strings for all of the educational programming for XYPN members—from our coaching offerings to our webinars. They are the ears and eyes of our community, always learning about what advisors need to stay up to speed.
Today, she talks about her team's work to support advisors on their entrepreneurial journey and shares excellent wisdom about what it takes to prepare for and start your own firm successfully. Kori tells us about the emotional and mental struggles she senses in some of our new members and what advisors can do to combat some of the inevitable challenges of being an entrepreneur. She gives us three things every future entrepreneur should focus on and shares her perspective on burnout and how to avoid it. Kori and her team are gearing up for the biggest year yet within the Advisor Education department, and you’ll hear all about how you can expect to be supported by their team when you launch your firm.
If you want to know how to prepare for your first year in business holistically, then this episode is for you.
Listen to the Full Interview:
Watch the Full Interview:
What You'll Learn from This Episode:
- Kori’s past experiences and how she uses those skills as the Director of Advisor Education at XYPN (00:02:52)
- The main reasons people become business owners (00:06:59)
- The “just tell me what to do” mentality that comes in the first year of being a firm owner (00:14:24)
- What steps to take before launching (00:16:58)
- The evolution of XYPN’s business phases and their structure (00:26:47)
- Advisor Education’s plans for this year (00:31:35)
- Why leveraging coaching and the community itself are important (00:35:40)
- Ways that burnout can creep up on someone, especially in the financial planning industry (00:41:40)
- How to prioritize and make decisions early on in your firm (00:44:38)
Featured on the Show:
- Kori Lennon: LinkedIn
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
- XYPN Advisor Education
- XYPN Academy
- All-In-One Checklist
- XYPN Webinars
- XYPN Community Forums
- Time Off: A Practical Guide to Building Your Rest Ethic and Finding Success Without the Stress by John Fitch, Max Frenzell, & Mariya Suzuki
- Out of Office: The Big Problem and Bigger Promise of Working from Home by Charlie Warzel & Anne Helen Petersen
This Episode is Sponsored By:
A firm isn't a firm without clients—as the Chief Marketing Officer of your RIA, the most important job you have is guiding prospects through your marketing funnel and converting them to clients. If your funnel has leak, you could be spinning your wheels and missing opportunities. Mapping your funnel is the first step towards developing an effective marketing strategy and a valuable tool for evaluating the health of an existing one. Download our free template and map your funnel.