Today, Jennipher Lommen, founder of Wildflower Financial, a fee-only firm out of Santa Cruz, California, is on the show. Jennipher is a career changer and entered this industry only a few years before she launched Wildflower four years ago. Jennipher homeschooled all three of her children and explained what it was like to begin looking to enter a new industry in her 40s.
With age comes maturity and experience, and quickly Jennipher found financial planning to be a perfect fit. Today she talks about her first few years in business: she worked with over 50 clients on a project basis in her first year and now serves a number of them on an ongoing basis. She talks about how the industry is in dire need of more women and how this profession is so accessible to anyone who is interested in being a listener, supporter, and advocate for their clients. She shares her perspective on the CFP® curriculum and how the Registered Life Planning process has been transformative for both herself and her practice.
If you’re interested in entering this profession later in life, then this episode is for you.
Listen to the Full Interview:
What You'll Learn from This Episode:
- Jennipher’s transition from homeschooling her three children to becoming a business owner (00:02:43)
- What skills Jennipher was able to transfer into financial planning (00:08:41)
- Jennipher’s first employment in the tax realm and advice for parents looking to enter the industry (00:11:50)
- What prompted the idea to start her own firm (00:16:58)
- How Wildflower Financial gained traction by starting as serving clients on a limited basis (00:22:36)
- The slow and steady growth Jennipher has been able to maintain (00:29:07)
- How Jennipher plans out weeks and works with her associate planner (00:33:50)
- The transformative power of going through the Registered Life Planning designation (00:40:15)
- How Jennipher’s kids interact with her successful financial planning firm
Featured on the Show:
- Jennipher Lommen: Website | LinkedIn | Find An Advisor Profile
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
- Kinder Institute
- Business Network International (BNI)
- Registered Life Planner Certification
This Episode is Sponsored By: