#XYPNRadio’s very own host, Maddy Roche, is interviewed on the podcast today. Maddy is XYPN’s Senior Director of Member Success, a role in which she’s entirely dedicated to helping XYPN members be successful.
As the first employee, Maddy has been part of XYPN since the very beginning, and today, she shares her experience navigating change and the growth that comes along with it. She discusses how she inspires an “embrace change” mentality within her own team and offers advice on fostering a positive company culture and preserving that culture within a rapidly growing company. Maddy shares what it’s like to manage a team of managers—which she admits had a steep learning curve. We also spend some time reflecting on the fee-only movement, and the powerful role introspection plays in bettering yourself both personally and professionally. Having connected with thousands of fee-only advisors over the past seven and a half years, Maddy offers a unique perspective on what it really means to be a part of the XYPN movement, what exactly REAL financial planning entails, and the impact XYPN advisors have on the lives of others and on the industry at large. Maddy also shares her own experience working with a financial advisor and how recently engaging advisors who are also life planners has changed her outlook and shaped her trajectory.
If you’re interested in learning more about the story of #XYPNRadio’s host, Maddy Roche, what her seven and half year journey with XYPN has looked like, and how her introspective mindset and approach have helped her continuously better herself both as a team member and as a person, this episode is for you.
Listen to the Full Interview:
Watch the Full Interview:
What You'll Learn from This Episode:
- Who Maddy Roche is to XYPN and the potential value of taking a chance on someone (00:04:24)
- Being able to embrace change and living in that space comfortably (00:09:26)
- The power of XYPN’s Network (00:14:00)
- Why the EOS model is so effective and how it’s helped Maddy manage managers (00:18:32)
- Creating a work-life balance that complements each other (00:22:15)
- XYPN staying true to the company culture and core values (00:29:06)
- The growing fee-only space and XYPN helping serve the underserved (00:35:57)
- Maddy’s full story of getting to XYPN (00:39:52)
- Creating a “Team Maddy” and the process of finding the right financial planner for her while already being in the space (00:48:49)
Featured on the Show:
- Maddy Roche: LinkedIn
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
- EOS Worldwide
- Ep #316: Get What You Want Out of Your Business Using the EOS Model: An Interview with Jerry Kauffman
- When Things Fall Apart: Heart Advice for Difficult Times by Pema Chodron
- Ep #318: 60 Clients in the First 12 Months: A Conversation with Danika Waddell
- Ep #99: Developing as a Manager and Leader - The Career of Maddy Roche XYPN's Director of Getting Shit Done
- The Kinder Institute
This Episode is Sponsored By:
An event made just for fee-for-service advisors? Yep, you heard that right. It's #XYPNLIVE and with over 45 content sessions, three keynotes, a one-of-a-kind exhibit day, and networking opportunities galore, it's the game-changing event you've been looking for. Join us in November (in-person or virtually) and leave with knowledge, new connections, and a whole lot of inspiration to accelerate your progress and smash your goals—no matter where you are in your advisor journey. Visit xypnlive.com for full details and to grab your pass.