We’re excited to welcome Vinicius “V” Hiratuka, founder of Elevated Retirement Financial Services, on the show today. V serves just over 50 client households on an AUM basis, folding his financial planning and investment management into a single comprehensive fee. Despite being relatively young, V serves almost exclusively pre-retirees—and loves doing it. He talks about the oh-so-familiar feeling of wanting to do things differently and why breaking out on his own was so important to him. He reminds listeners to pay themselves first, from his own experience to not to be in a rush to venture out on your own. He talks about why his previous experience was integral in his decision to focus on this niche, how he’s been able to leverage his youth as a value to his clients, and why he continues to work for a different business owner on the side. V’s simplicity to his approach, along with his dedicated focus on the things that matter, is truly inspiring.
If you’re interested in the pre-retirement and retirement space but want to do it your way, then this episode will be for you.
Listen to the Full Interview:
Watch the Full Interview:
What You'll Learn from This Episode:
- How V got into retirement planning and the type of pushback he receives as a younger advisor in the space (00:03:02)
- The freedom and flexibility V craved that pushed him to start his own firm (00:10:40)
- What V’s ideal firm looks like and what needs to grow to build that (00:16:03)
- Why V shares his fees on his website and why he charges what he does (00:25:31)
- What clients can expect at his firm (00:30:30)
- The simple marketing efforts that V employs (00:33:38)
- How V allocates his time to his clients and his family (00:37:08)
- The fears V has about the future and his desire for the firm to continue to grow organically (00:43:16)
- Advice for people thinking about starting their own firm and the value he saw in working at a wealth management firm first (00:45:57)
Featured on the Show:
- V Hiratuka: Website | Find an Advisor Profile
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- XYPN Compliance
- Shaun Erickson
This Episode is Sponsored By:
Avocado toast. Selfies. A mountain of student loan debt. Gen Y is anything but traditional and with over 75 million people, it's a population you don't want to ignore. Learn more about how to serve this unique population in our guide, "Attract and Profitably Serve Millennial Clients in Your RIA." Discover three key ways to tap into the millennial market and the six things they want from their financial advisor. Visit www.xyplanningnetwork.com/millennials for your free copy.