We’re excited to have Alan Moore, the CEO and Co-Founder of XYPN, on the show today. XYPN just celebrated its 7th year, and it’s been about a year and a half since Alan hosted his last #XYPNRadio episode.
Today, he joins us to discuss what this whole journey has been like—from starting the business to managing a team through COVID, all while being a dad (now with three kids). Alan opens up about nerves, some worries that have lingered over the years, and reminisces on some of his favorite times at XYPN. He talks about the importance of hiring a team that complements his strengths and weaknesses and what it’s been like to work alongside Michael Kitces as a co-founder. Alan gives valuable advice to our listeners through telling his stories—from which books helped him change his perspective to how to think of entrepreneurship as a creative outlet.
If you want to know how XYPN and Alan Moore have evolved over the years, then this show is for you.
Listen to the Full Interview:
Watch the Full Interview:
What You'll Learn from This Episode:
- What’s changed for Alan and XYPN in the last year and a half (00:02:54)
- Putting the team first as company culture grows and changes (00:10:02)
- Learning how to stay the course and follow your intuition when starting, running, and growing a business (00:17:38)
- Disrupting the industry and sharing the transformative impact of financial planning (00:26:53)
- Why Alan and Michael decided to partner together and create XYPN (00:33:34)
- The nerves and pressure of making important decisions (00:39:09)
- How working on your relationship with your partner before jumping into starting a new business can be vital (00:44:54)
- A couple of Alan’s favorite memories of the last seven years (00:51:37)
- The pick-me-ups from working as a team and from members sharing how XYPN has helped them (00:43:15)
Featured on the Show:
- Alan Moore: Website | LinkedIn
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
- XYTS | XYIS | XYLC | AdvicePay
- Michael Kitces
- Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS)
- Traction: Get a Grip on Your Business by Gino Wickman
- Delivering Happiness by Tony Hsieh
- Kolbe A Index
- The Memo by Minda Harts
- First, Break all the Rules by Gallup
- Guy Starts Dance Party YouTube Video
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson
This Episode is Sponsored By:
Avocado toast. Selfies. A mountain of student loan debt. Gen Y is anything but traditional and with over 75 million people, it's a population you don't want to ignore. Learn more about how to serve this unique population in our guide, "Attract and Profitably Serve Millennial Clients in Your RIA." Discover three key ways to tap into the millennial market and the six things they want from their financial advisor. Visit www.xyplanningnetwork.com/millennials for your free copy.
Get the Full Episode Transcript:
Read the Transcript Below: