We’re honored to welcome Vince Hockett, XYPN’s Chief Revenue Officer, to the show today. Vince joined the XYPN team just about one year ago and has brought decades of experience working at rapidly growing companies along with him.
Today, Vince shares what it’s like working with Alan and Michael as a fellow executive and what it’s been like to manage the group of young leaders that ultimately deliver the promise of XYPN membership (and then some). Vince pulls the curtain back on his management style, which is unique and powerfully productive. We draw some similarities between the XYPN Network and the member firms that make up our community—specifically related to the building and scaling phases of the firm owner’s journey. He talks about what it’s like to work with the EOS model, what he sees as some of XYPN’s business challenges, but most importantly, what it’s been like to work at a progressive, disruptive company that lives and breathes its core values.
Listen to the Full Interview:
What You'll Learn from This Episode:
- Vince’s journey to becoming XYPN’s Chief Revenue Officer (00:02:54)
- The heart and soul of XYPN, according to Vince (00:11:07)
- How critical positioning yourself for growth is to move the needle forward (00:13:23)
- What working with Alan Moore and Michael Kitces is like (00:22:20)
- Vince’s management philosophy for keeping XYPN running effectively (00:27:30)
- When it’s time to hire (00:36:20)
- How XYPN leverages the EOS model (00:41:29)
- What it’s like working at a company that’s disrupting the financial planning industry (00:44:12)
- What XYPN wants to hear from members to help us grow (00:47:58)
Featured on the Show:
- Vince Hockett: LinkedIn
- XYPN Members Benefits
- XY Tax Solutions (XYTS)
- XY Bean Counters (XYBC)
- Entrepreneurial Operating System Model (EOS)
- Traction: Get a Grip on Your Business by Gino Wickman
This Episode is Sponsored By:
Avocado toast. Selfies. A mountain of student loan debt. Gen Y is anything but traditional and with over 75 million people, it's a population you don't want to ignore. Learn more about how to serve this unique population in our guide, "Attract and Profitably Serve Millennial Clients in Your RIA." Discover three key ways to tap into the millennial market and the six things they want from their financial advisor. Visit www.xyplanningnetwork.com/millennials for your free copy.
Get the Full Episode Transcript:
Read the Transcript Below: