Today we have the honor of speaking with Chris Dale and Julie Quick, two XYPN members and RIA owners who make a tremendous impact in their clients’ lives as they focus on the complex niche of people in transition, specifically those dealing with grief.
To begin our conversation, Julie and Chris define grief and explain the complexities and emotions of the grieving process. They discuss how essential it is to humanize the experience of grief and to understand the longevity and vulnerability associated with processing grief—a perspective that is necessary when working with someone in transition. You'll hear Chris and Julie discuss the unique aspects of their firm and service model that allow them to be much more than just financial planners to their clients—they often introduce their families to their clients and share their own stories of grief. Given the time commitment of this type of advising relationship, questions arise about scalability. You’ll hear their tips for continuing to build a practice while maintaining a meaningful relationship with each one of their clients founded on support, friendship, and empathy.
If you’re interested in supporting and guiding clients through transition, this episode is for you.
Listen to the Full Interview:
What You'll Learn from This Episode:
- Who Chris Dale and Julie Quick are (00:03:14)
- How to define grief and what it means to navigate times of transition (00:09:43)
- Their approach to onboarding new clients who are grieving (00:15:24)
- The various roles they must play and their unique service model for those grieving (00:21:56)
- The do’s and don’ts of advising in the grief niche (00:29:28)
- Why reaching capacity is hard to gauge within their firm (00:35:57)
- What types of resources and tools they provide for their clients (00:39:34)
- How society frames grief and the grieving process (00:42:43)
- What to consider before serving clients in this space (00:47:30)
Featured on the Show:
- Julie Quick: Website | LinkedIn | Find an Advisor Profile
- Chris Dale: Website | LinkedIn | Find an Advisor Profile
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
This Episode is Sponsored By:
Avocado toast. Selfies. A mountain of student loan debt. Gen Y is anything but traditional and with over 75 million people, it's a population you don't want to ignore. Learn more about how to serve this unique population in our guide, "Attract and Profitably Serve Millennial Clients in Your RIA." Discover three key ways to tap into the millennial market and the six things they want from their financial advisor. Visit www.xyplanningnetwork.com/millennials for your free copy.
Get the Full Episode Transcript:
Read the Transcript Below: