We’re excited to have XYPN member Ben Wacek, founder of Guide Financial Planning, and his firm’s Operations Manager, Amy Artiga, on the show today.
A few years ago, Amy was a stay-at-home mom, looking to pivot into the financial planning industry, and she merged her interests of writing and helping pastors when she started a blog called the Pastor’s Wallet. After hearing Ben’s original interview on #XYPNRadio about targeting people who embodied biblical principles, pastors being some of those clients, Amy reached out to Ben about potentially working for him in a part-time capacity. The rest is, as they say, history.
Today, Amy continues to work part-time for Guide in a virtual capacity as an Operations Manager, but also helps build the actual business. Her blog has only gotten more popular and continues to send prospects to Guide. Ben discusses what it was like to hire when he wasn’t necessarily looking to, and discusses how Amy is an integral part of the firm. We discuss the EOS model, client surges, and what their future plans are for themselves and their business.
If you want to learn about what it’s like to go from a stay-at-home mom, to helping run a financial planning firm targeting your ideal clients, then this show is for you.
Listen to the Full Interview:
What You'll Learn from This Episode:
- An introduction of Amy, Ben, and Guide Financial Planning (00:03:21)
- What Amy’s blog, Pastor’s Wallet, focuses on and who it intends to help (00:08:19)
- How Ben and Amy came to work together (00:11:48)
- What Ben has been able to leverage with Amy’s experience for Guide (00:18:22)
- How they implemented the EOS model into the business (00:23:06)
- The vision for Guide to reach more people (00:26:38)
- How Guide and Pastor’s Wallet interact and the long-term goal for the blog (00:29:48)
- Amy’s advice to create a professional identity for yourself early on (00:39:57)
- Ben’s tips for expanding and building a great team (00:43:31)
Featured on the Show:
- Amy Artiga: Website | LinkedIn
- Ben Wacek: LinkedIn | Website| Blog | Guide FP Podcast
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
- EOS Model
- Ep #128: Integrating Faith and Finance - The Career of Ben Wacek
- "The Pastor's Wallet Complete Guide to the Clergy Housing Allowance"
- XYPN BUILD
- "The Ensemble Practice: A Team-Based Approach to Building a Superior Wealth Management Firm"
- The Dave Ramsey Show
This Episode is Sponsored By:
Avocado toast. Selfies. A mountain of student loan debt. Gen Y is anything but traditional and with over 75 million people, it's a population you don't want to ignore. Learn more about how to serve this unique population in our guide, "Attract and Profitably Serve Millennial Clients in Your RIA." Discover three key ways to tap into the millennial market and the six things they want from their financial advisor. Visit www.xyplanningnetwork.com/millennials for your free copy.