We’re excited to have XYPN teammate, Taylor Deardorff, on the show today. Taylor currently manages XYPN’s Tech Team as the Product Owner, a role that allows her to leverage her deep understanding of member needs to design and create cutting-edge technology solutions for the Network.
Taylor pivoted into this industry when she joined Team XYPN back in 2018 as one of the original team members. We cover a lot of ground in this episode as we talk about the tech tools Taylor recommends for all advisors, insights into the role technology can play in scaling large business, and, how as someone who has managed anxiety her whole life, she’s been able to make decisions and move projects forward even when she’s not 100% confident. As an avid reader and efficiency whiz, Taylor shares her words of wisdom about uncovering your “why” and leaves listeners with some great book recommendations.
If you’re interested in how to leverage a technology mindset in this industry or your practice, this show is for you.
Listen to the Full Interview:
What You'll Learn from This Episode:
- What Taylor’s role as Product Owner entails (00:02:41)
- How Taylor gained confidence and honed her public speaking skills through mock trial (00:04:52)
- Taylor’s transition to a manager and how she thinks about the team holistically (00:08:46)
- An overview of XY Archive (00:17:00)
- The new XY Portal and what it has to offer (00:20:18)
- The must-have techs for each firm journey phase (00:22:50)
- The trajectory of XYPN and how tech has fueled growth (00:32:45)
- Taylor’s best professional advice (00:44:23)
- Book recommendations for your business (and for fun!) (00:47:28)
Featured on the Show:
- Taylor Deardorff, Product Owner: XYPN
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
- XY Archive
- XY Portal Preview
- What Tech Solutions Should You Use In Your Firm
- Arlene Moss' Blog
- Ep #286: Evolving As A Business Owner: An Update with Helen Ngo
- Sapiens by Yuval Noah Harari
- Start with Why by Simon Sinek
This Episode is Sponsored By:
Avocado toast. Selfies. A mountain of student loan debt. Gen Y is anything but traditional and with over 75 million people, it's a population you don't want to ignore. Learn more about how to serve this unique population in our guide, "Attract and Profitably Serve Millennial Clients in Your RIA." Discover three key ways to tap into the millennial market and the six things they want from their financial advisor. Visit www.xyplanningnetwork.com/millennials for your free copy.