We’re excited to have XYPN member Natalie Taylor, owner of Natalie Taylor Consulting Services, on the show today. Natalie is only 10 months into building a fee-only RIA business, but she has already served nearly forty clients since opening her doors in early 2020.
Natalie walks us through her professional background, which includes substantial experience in the financial industry, both on the private side and in the fintech space. Natalie credits her ability to scale her firm so quickly to the scrappiness she garnered while at a startup paired with the intentionality she places around how she executes her meetings and financial plan delivery with clients. Natalie talks about why she had to put potential clients on waitlists, and why she always prioritizes her family time and her client experience and will sacrifice neither to earn more money.
If you’re interested in how you can grow your business organically while remaining true to your goals, this show is for you.
Listen to the Full Interview:
What You'll Learn from This Episode:
- An overview of Natalie’s professional career (00:02:33)
- How Natalie learned to do impact-weighted work (00:06:10)
- The type of clients Natalie serves (00:13:35)
- How Natalie got her first clients and built out her business (00:15:19)
- Why creating a waitlist less than a year into her business was necessary (00:23:29)
- What clients should expect when working with Natalie and how she shares her deliverables (00:26:08)
- The secret behind Natalie’s confidence (00:41:53)
- A look at Natalie’s current expenses (00:50:04)
Featured on the Show:
This Episode is Sponsored By:
Avocado toast. Selfies. A mountain of student loan debt. Gen Y is anything but traditional and with over 75 million people, it's a population you don't want to ignore. Learn more about how to serve this unique population in our guide, "Attract and Profitably Serve Millennial Clients in Your RIA." Discover three key ways to tap into the millennial market and the six things they want from their financial advisor. Visit www.xyplanningnetwork.com/millennials for your free copy.
Get the Full Episode Transcript:
Read the Transcript Below: