We’re excited to have XYPN member Brooklyn Brock, Founder of Ellevate Advisors, a fee-only firm in Tulsa, OK, on the show today.
Brooklyn is a third-generation CFP® and after several years of working at her family Ameriprise office, Brooklyn got the itch to start her own firm. But Brooklyn took an unconventional route when she launched a part-time firm. That’s because she’s still working for fee-only advisors as a paraplanner, a position that allows her to gain deep experience working for her ideal clientele, financial advisors, and exit coaching, a passion of hers. In efforts to combat imposter syndrome as she builds her business, Brooklyn hones her skills and has sought and achieved four different designations. Although building a part-time firm is a slow process, Brooklyn is thrilled with the way her part-time firm fits into her life in the COVID era, and has offered her opportunities she never knew existed.
If you’re interested in launching your firm in an unconventional way, this show is for you.
Listen to the Full Interview:
What You'll Learn from This Episode:
- Brooklyn’s path to creating Ellevate Advisors and what the firm looks like today (00:02:44)
- What exit planning and coaching entails (00:14:03)
- Why Brooklyn needs the CEPA® designation and to have an RIA (00:18:02)
- The service model used and how Brooklyn estimates she currently has zero financial planning clients because she sticks to her niche (00:21:27)
- Brooklyn’s experience getting a financial planner of her own (00:28:49)
- How people come to naturally realize they need to hire a financial planner (00:33:35)
- The feeling of imposter syndrome for Brooklyn from being a generational CFP® and her age (00:35:40)
- The importance of working with family and why Brooklyn continues to do so (00:38:47)
- Why Brooklyn will not go back to the fee-based space (00:42:11)
Featured on the Show:
- Brooklyn Brock: Website | LinkedIn
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
- Certified Exit Planning Advisor (CEPA)
- EVOKE Life Planning
This Episode is Sponsored By:
Avocado toast. Selfies. A mountain of student loan debt. Gen Y is anything but traditional and with over 75 million people, it's a population you don't want to ignore. Learn more about how to serve this unique population in our guide, "Attract and Profitably Serve Millennial Clients in Your RIA." Discover three key ways to tap into the millennial market and the six things they want from their financial advisor. Visit www.xyplanningnetwork.com/millennials for your free copy.
Get the Full Episode Transcript:
Read the Transcript Below: