We’re excited to have XYPN member Pierre-Emmanuel Jouve, owner of InsuraWealth, a fee-only firm out of Tampa, FL, on the show today. Pierre started his firm in 2016, and today, serves 85 clients, most of whom are young professionals.
Pierre talks about how and why he “niched” his client base to focus on a specific employer and explains how a narrow niche and use of LinkedIn and referrals have allowed him to grow his firm rapidly. We also dive into Parkbo, the app Pierre recently created to help his clients with cash flow, and how he plans to build out that business to better serve the masses. We dig into his pricing structure, and what Pierre has to say to advisors who challenge his low fees. Pierre doesn’t hesitate to discuss the things that have been challenging: compliance, working alone, and balancing essentially two businesses, but as he says, he loves his work so it doesn’t feel like work.
If you’re interested in what it’s like to start not one but two businesses while continuing to serve a large client base, then this show is for you.
Listen to the Full Interview:
What You'll Learn from This Episode:
- Pierre’s journey to becoming a financial planner and how he started his own firm (00:02:51)
- How the need to scale sparked the creation of Pierre’s own app, Parkbo (00:08:26)
- The number of clients Pierre believes he will be able to eventually serve (00:17:53)
- The behind-the-scene tools Pierre uses to manage running his practice (00:22:56)
- Pierre’s thought process behind how his fees are structured and why he is not undercharging (00:27:39)
- How Pierre structures his client meetings (00:30:31)
- What shifts Pierre experienced when COVID-19 first hit (00:34:43)
- How Pierre balances being a parent and spouse as well as focusing on personal development (00:38:51)
- The most challenging parts of running a firm Pierre has experienced over the past four years (00:43:07)
Featured on the Show:
- Pierre-Emmanuel Jouve: LinkedIn | InsuraWealth | Parkbo
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
- TD Ameritrade
- The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod
This Episode is Sponsored By:
Avocado toast. Selfies. A mountain of student loan debt. Gen Y is anything but traditional and with over 75 million people, it's a population you don't want to ignore. Learn more about how to serve this unique population in our guide, "Attract and Profitably Serve Millennial Clients in Your RIA." Discover three key ways to tap into the millennial market and the six things they want from their financial advisor. Visit www.xyplanningnetwork.com/millennials for your free copy.
Get the Full Episode Transcript:
Read the Transcript Below: