This week, Kitces and I return to the podcast to bring you yet another mailbag episode. This time, we answer four of the burning questions we've received from the #XYPNRadio VIP community.
On this episode, we cover your questions about robo-advisors, how to transition from one career to financial planning, and how to best serve your niche community. We end our conversation with how large advisory firms can adopt a monthly retainer model and keep their younger advisors from leaving.
Listen in below!
Listen to the Full Interview:
What You'll Learn From This Episode:
- What robo-advisors will do to the world of financial planning.
- How robo-advisors can be used in your firm.
- The dynamics of changing your career to planning.
- The advantages that a financial planner that changed careers has.
- What you can do now to prepare yourself for starting a firm in the next five years.
- The challenges that larger firms face in adopting a monthly fee.
- How to become an intrapreneur.
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Michael: Kitces.com| Nerd’s Eye View | Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn | Google+| YouTube
- XYPN Radio Ep #25: RIA Compliance: Staying Compliant When You Start and Run Your Firm
- XYPN Radio Ep #21: The Career of Justin Rush – How a Failed Startup Attempt Led to Success
- XYPN Radio Ep #7: The Career of Jake Kuebler – How He Bought a Fee-Only Firm at 25 Years Old
- Pat Flynn
- Podcast Movement
- Betterment Institutional
- Jemstep Advisor Pro
- Laser App
- Life Planning Partners
- FPA NexGen
- NAPFA Genesis
- Ronald Blue & Co
This Episode Is Sponsored by: