We’re honored to interview Emily Purdon, XYPN's former Financial Planning and Process Coach (transitioning to Director of XY Tax Solutions), on the show today. Having just finished her first year at XYPN, Emily has been the mind behind our XYPN Financial Planning & Process.
Join us as we talk about her background and experience in the financial planning industry that ultimately led to her joining the XYPN team. Listen as she describes the components of what she's built internally for XYPN members to leverage, from workflows to templates, as they begin their firm journey. Finally, learn some invaluable tips and get motivated about building your firm as Emily shares her thoughts on fee structures, service offerings and outsourcing, and the importance of not being a perfectionist.
If you're passionate about creating processes to help build and scale your firm, then this episode is for you.
Listen to the Full Interview:
What You'll Learn from This Episode:
- A brief Introduction of XYPN’s former Financial Planning Process Coach, Emily Purdon, and her background (00:02:41)
- Emily’s path to finding XYPN with the help of Alan (00:10:20)
- Why job shopping is important and why there is no one path to finding the right career (00:14:09)
- How the past year Emily has been at XYPN has provided growth opportunities for Emily and the Network’s offerings (00:19:30)
- Emily guiding us through the many questions advisors have when they are first starting out (00:24:03)
- The first few months when advisors need to focus on a minimum viable product rather than perfection (00:27:15)
- Before servicing clients, the deliverables and templates advisors should lockdown (00:37:55)
- How to scale your business and determine where inefficiencies are (00:41:01)
- Other tips Emily wants members to know (00:44:30)
Featured on the Show:
- Emily Purdon, Financial Planning and Processes Coach: LinkedIn | Website
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™(CFP®)
- Financial Planning Association (FPA)
- XYPN Academy
- Michael Kitces’ Podcast
- #XYPNRadio Ep 40 with Carl Richards
This Episode is Sponsored By:
Avocado toast. Selfies. A mountain of student loan debt. Gen Y is anything but traditional and with over 75 million people, it's a population you don't want to ignore. Learn more about how to serve this unique population in our guide, "Attract and Profitably Serve Millennial Clients in Your RIA." Discover three key ways to tap into the millennial market and the six things they want from their financial advisor. Visit www.xyplanningnetwork.com/millennials for your free copy.
Get the Full Episode Transcript:
Read the Transcript Below: