This week on #XYPNRadio, I am honored to bring you Jude Boudreaux, the founder of Upperline Financial Planning in New Orleans. Jude was one of our fantastic speakers at our XYPN conference back in September, and based on the incredible reception he received at the event, I knew I had to invite him to the show.
Jude is gifted at being incredibly authentic and has an inspiring story of what you can go through and still become a success. We discuss how he transitioned from being an employee to founding his firm, as well as the personal setbacks he experienced that shaped his journey to success.
Jude is a Certified Financial Planner who's narrowed down and discovered his niche clients that have helped him to live the life he loves. He also has a wealth of experience in the industry, having worked with Janus Mutual Funds, MassMutual Financial Group, and serving as Director of Financial Planning for Bellingrath Wealth Management.
Jude has been able to take both his successes and failures, learn from them, and leverage them into positive progress in the right direction. We're excited to share Jude’s incredible story and his ability to be completely vulnerable.
Don't miss this episode featuring one of the Network's favorite financial pros. Listen in below!
Listen to the Full Interview:
What You'll Learn From This Episode:
- Why Jude decided to get his degree in finance.
- How he learned the soft skills of running a business.
- Why he left the company he was with for five
- The two things that typically run out first when running a business.
- How Jude’s unique fee schedule is set-up.
- How he was able to work through his failures.
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Jude: Upperline Financial Planning | Blog | Email | Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
- XYPN Radio Ep #25: RIA Compliance: Staying Compliant When You Start and Run Your Firm
- XYPN Radio Ep #24: The Intersection of AUM and Monthly Retainers with Alan & Kitces
- XYPN Radio Ep #23: The How and Why of Monthly Retainers with Alan & Kitces
- XYPN Radio Ep #20: Net Worth and Income-Based Retainers from The Planning Center
- The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You’re Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are by Brene Brown
- Brene Brown
- Janus Capital Group
- The Planning Center
- Joshua Brown
- Carson Wealth
- The National Institute for Play
- Red Cross
- The Blood Center
- Seth Godin
- The Kinder Institute of Life Planning
This Episode Is Sponsored by: