Scott Arnold is the owner of IMPACTfolio, a fee-only firm in Denver, Colorado. After starting his career in this industry—working both at Schwab and an RIA—he realized he wanted to offer impact investing to clients on a broader scale, in a personalized way. Today he joins the show to discuss how the ESG investment model impacts his business and why he decided to go from a solopreneur to a partnership structure.
Listen in as Scott shares how IMPACTfolio's flat-fee offering has benefited both his firm and his clients. You’ll learn the challenges he faced in his first year, why cyber security is one of his largest stress points, and what it takes to create a stable partnership.
Listen to the Full Interview:
What You'll Learn from This Episode:
- An overview of Scott’s career.
- How his investment model has brought in clients.
- What makes him incredibly referable.
- How his flat-fee model has benefited his firm and clients.
- The challenges he faced in his first year.
- Why he decided to switch to a partnership structure.
- Why cyber security is such a large stress point for him.
- The role ESG plays in the conversations Scott has with his clients.
Featured on the Show:
- Scott Arnold: Website | LinkedIn
- The Partnership Charter by David Gage
- XYPN PAUSE: Business Strategy Program
- XYPN VIP Community
This Episode is Sponsored By:
XY Planning Network's annual Benchmarking Study is out! Are you curious about the average number of clients XYPN members get in their first year? Or, how successful niches really are? To answer these burning questions (and more), we enlisted a professional research firm to complete our annual Benchmarking Study. Get your copy hot off the press and discover vital statistics such as the median advisor revenue by years in practice and sources of firm growth—from referrals to blogging, social media, and more! Head over to xyplanningnetwork.com/study to purchase your copy today.