Today we have the founder of Holistiplan—and winner of this year’s #XYPNLIVE FinTech competition—Roger Pine on the show! After starting out as an energy consultant, Roger discovered financial planning through his wife and embarked on a whole new venture that he's here to tell us all about.
Listen in as he shares his journey, including how he got into financial planning and how he eventually transitioned into coding and creating financial technology. You'll get a glimpse of what it looks like to work with family (the positives and negatives), the unique challenges Roger faced with business development and branding, and more.
Listen to the Full Interview:
What You'll Learn from This Episode:
- The unique way Roger discovered financial planning.
- What types of clients he worked with initially.
- How natural niches formed.
- Unexpected issues Roger faced with business development and branding.
- The challenges of working with his wife and mother-in-law.
- Why he decided to learn how to code and how he started building systems.
- How he transitioned out of planning and into tech.
Featured on the Show:
- Roger Pine: Website | LinkedIn
- Janet Briaud
- "How I Taught Myself to Code in Eight Weeks" by David Sinsky
- #XYPNLIVE Registration
- XYPN PAUSE: Business Strategy Program
- XYPN VIP Community
This Episode is Sponsored By:
XY Planning Network's annual Benchmarking Study is out! Are you curious about the average number of clients XYPN members get in their first year? Or, how successful niches really are? To answer these burning questions (and more), we enlisted a professional research firm to complete our annual Benchmarking Study. Get your copy hot off the press and discover vital statistics such as the median advisor revenue by years in practice and sources of firm growth—from referrals to blogging, social media, and more! Head over to xyplanningnetwork.com/study to purchase your copy today.