Today XYPN member Miguel Gomez joins the show to share how his marketing career turned into a financial planning career. Originally from Mexico, Miguel came to the United States to work for a firm as a marketing expert before moving to a different firm and ultimately transitioning into working as a financial advisor. He now works as lead advisor for his firm, and he gives us a glimpse into how he made the switch in his career, as well why he has no plans to start a firm of his own.
Listen in to hear Miguel discuss his career evolution and how he has focused in on his niche of first-generation, Spanish-speaking clients. You'll learn how he navigates regulations as he works with clients in another language, why he started a podcast, and his future goals for his business.
Listen to the Full Interview:
What You'll Learn from This Episode:
- An overview of Miguel's practice and where he is currently.
- How he transitioned from marketing to financial planning.
- Why he chose his specific niche.
- The issues that come with working in another language and regulation.
- How Miguel uses his marketing skills to build his business.
- What it took to build the confidence to say no to people who aren’t a good fit for his firm.
- How his podcast has affected his goals for the business.
- How he is building a monthly subscription model.
- Why he doesn’t plan to start his own firm.
Featured on the Show:
- Miguel Gomez: Website | Podcast | NAPFA
- Smart Passive Income
- #XYPNLIVE Registration
- XYPN PAUSE: Business Strategy Program
- XYPN VIP Community
This Episode is Sponsored By:
XY Planning Network's annual Benchmarking Study is out! Are you curious about the average number of clients XYPN members get in their first year? Or, how successful niches really are? To answer these burning questions (and more), we enlisted a professional research firm to complete our annual Benchmarking Study. Get your copy hot off the press and discover vital statistics such as the median advisor revenue by years in practice and sources of firm growth—from referrals to blogging, social media, and more! Head over to xyplanningnetwork.com/study to purchase your copy today.