Today we have XYPN members and founders of Brooklyn FI, AJ Ayers and Shane Mason, on the show! The pair has achieved explosive growth, and they join us to share how they did it, as well as how their unique career paths ultimately led them to financial planning.
Listen in to hear about their journeys to discovering financial planning and how they started working together. You'll learn what they do to manage their partnership and divide responsibilities, what it's like for them working on both the tax and financial planning sides, and how they've dealt with imposter syndrome as they've built such successful careers.
Listen to the Full Interview:
What You'll Learn from This Episode:
- An overview of Shane and AJ’s firm.
- How they grew their practice so fast.
- The niches they have decided on and how they work.
- How being CPAs helped them with the business.
- Their thoughts on rolling into a larger firm in the future.
- Why Shane decided to become a financial planner after launching a tax practice.
- What made AJ decide to start her own financial podcast.
- How they split responsibilities between the practices.
- What the future of the firm is looking like.
Featured on the Show:
- AJ Ayers: Website | LinkedIn
- Shane Mason: Website |LinkedIn
- Mason Tax
- Moneysplained Podcast
- #XYPNLIVE Registration
- XYPN PAUSE: Business Strategy Program
- XYPN VIP Community
This Episode is Sponsored By:
When it comes to compliance, most financial advisors want to run in the opposite direction. But compliance doesn't have to be that big scary monster hiding under your bed. Our free Risk Assessment Guide will walk you through how to perform a risk assessment one step at a time. Learn how to perform a proper risk assessment and get access to our risk matrix and risk assessment table worksheets developed by XY Planning Network’s in-house compliance team. Visit xyplanningnetwork.com/riskassessment to download your copy.