Ed Coambs has had a unique journey into the financial planning field. After starting his career as a firefighter, he transitioned into financial planning before eventually completing his training in marriage and family therapy. He then decided to combine his last two careers into one to become a financial therapist. Today he joins the show to share the softer side of financial planning and why financial therapy is important.
Listen in as we discuss money scripts—what they are and how they affect your clients' financial decisions—as well as the value of financial planners having their own therapists and planners. We can all benefit from Ed’s background and perspective on this subject, so don't miss this one-of-a-kind episode!
Listen to the Full Interview:
What You'll Learn from This Episode:
- An overview of Ed's career.
- What made him decide to switch into financial therapy.
- Why financial therapy matters.
- What money scripts are.
- Whether all financial planners can (and should) become financial therapists.
- Why financial planners should have their own planners and therapists.
Featured on the Show:
- Ed Coambs: Website | Email | LinkedIn
- Facilitating Financial Health by Brad Klontz, Ted Klontz, and Rick Kahler
- #XYPNLIVE Registration
- XYPN PAUSE: Business Strategy Program
- XYPN VIP Community
This Episode is Sponsored By:
Have you ever wished there was someone to handle the time-consuming tasks of researching, performing due diligence, monitoring, trading, and rebalancing your firm’s assets under management? Or someone to facilitate trading, rebalancing, reporting, billing, and invoicing for your firm? XY Investment Solutions, powered by XY Planning Network handles all that and more, leaving you free to focus on what you do best: serving your clients. Learn more about this turnkey asset management platform built for the next generation of financial planners at xyinvestmentsolutions.com.