How financial advisors are charging for services and what should be considered fair and reasonable for the consumer have become quite the hot button issues. Today Michael Kitces and Scott Gill join the show to dive into these topics and clarify the areas that are under scrutiny. Both men bring valuable information and advice to the issues presented and shed some light on how we can move forward as a community.
Listen in to hear Michael and Scott discuss how regulators see financial services differently, as well as how we can communicate better and more clearly to them. You will learn what specific areas and action items to work on regarding consistency and communication, what regulators are trying to evaluate, and why these regulators are being triggered in the first place.
Listen to the Full Interview:
What You'll Learn from This Episode:
- Why so many regulators are reacting now.
- What they are trying to evaluate.
- The main conflicts within the financial planning community.
- What regulators want to see and how to communicate that to them.
- How XYPN is addressing regulatory issues.
- What you can do to help move the ball forward.
Featured on the Show:
- Michael Kitces: Website | LinkedIn | Twitter
- Scott Gill
- FA Bean Counters
- #XYPNLIVE Registration
- XYPN PAUSE: Business Strategy Program
- XYPN VIP Community
This Episode is Sponsored By:
#XYPNLIVE is a financial planning conference unlike any other in the industry. At #XYPNLIVE, you'll learn real strategies for building your firm, whether you're just getting started or you're a seasoned firm owner. Or maybe you just want to earn some CE credit, connect with other advisors, or be a part of the real financial planning movement. #XYPNLIVE offers all that, and so much more! Go to xyplanningnetwork.com/xypnliveradio to get your pass.