Antowoine Winters spent 10 years working for the Internal Revenue Service, and after seeing so many individuals fall victim to poor or even fraudulent financial guidance, he decided to leave the Service to run a practice where he could be an advocate for the average American citizen. Today, Antowoine joins the show to discuss the process of starting his own RIA and what led him to working with so many creatives.
Listen in to hear him share what it was like working for the IRS, as well as how he transitioned into tax and financial planning. You'll learn what marketing and advertising techniques are working for Antowoine, his plans for the future of his business, and his recommendations for anyone starting out in financial planning.
Listen to the Full Interview:
What You'll Learn from This Episode:
- An overview of Antowoine's career.
- What it was like working for the IRS.
- How Antowoine’s planning process is different from other advisors.
- How he found his niche in creatives.
- What marketing techniques he uses.
- His fee structure.
- Advice for people just starting out in financial planning.
Featured on the Show:
- Antowoine Winters: Website | LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook
- Precise FP
- FA Bean Counters
- #XYPNLIVE Registration
- XYPN PAUSE: Business Strategy Program
- XYPN VIP Community
This Episode is Sponsored By:
#XYPNLIVE is a financial planning conference unlike any other in the industry. At #XYPNLIVE, you'll learn real strategies for building your firm, whether you're just getting started or you're a seasoned firm owner. Or maybe you just want to earn some CE credit, connect with other advisors, or be a part of the real financial planning movement. #XYPNLIVE offers all that, and so much more! Go to xyplanningnetwork.com/xypnliveradio to get your pass.