Grant Bledsoe is the founder of Three Oaks Capital Management, and he joins the show to discuss what gave him the confidence to make the move from institutional trading to starting his own RIA. After realizing that his business was not growing as fast as he wanted it to, Grant decided to get his CFP and has seen his company growing rapidly ever since.
In this episode, he shares how he has had success with a low cost digital advertising strategy—which targets people who have visited his website—and explains how he moved his firm and managed to keep all of his clients. Listen in to learn Grant’s plans to grow to a much larger firm, his experience hiring his first part-time employee, and the barriers he anticipates in trying to reach his goals for the future.
Listen to the Full Interview:
What You'll Learn from This Episode:
- An overview of Grant’s career.
- What pushed him to switch from institutional trading to starting his own RIA.
- How he structured his firm with no financial planning experience.
- How he moved his firm and managed to keep all his clients.
- What his digital advertising strategy entails.
- The process of hiring his first team member.
- Grant’s plans for growing his business.
Featured on the Show:
- Grant Bledsoe: Website | LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook
- J.P. Morgan
- Goldman Sachs
- Edward Jones
- Precise FP
- Traction by Gino Wickman
- FA Bean Counters
- #XYPNLIVE Registration
- XYPN PAUSE: Business Strategy Program
- XYPN VIP Community
This Episode is Sponsored By:
#XYPNLIVE is a financial planning conference unlike any other in the industry. At #XYPNLIVE, you'll learn real strategies for building your firm, whether you're just getting started or you're a seasoned firm owner. Or maybe you just want to earn some CE credit, connect with other advisors, or be a part of the real financial planning movement. #XYPNLIVE offers all that, and so much more! Go to xyplanningnetwork.com/xypnliveradio to get your pass.