Today we have XYPN Member and South Bay Financial Partners founder Tara Unverzagt on the show! Inspired by her mother—who was one of financial planning’s early pioneers—Tara knew from an early age that she wanted to be a financial planner. She joins us in this episode to share her experience growing up in the field, the valuable lessons she learned from having an advisor as a parent, and how she put her own twist on financial planning to do things differently.
Listen in to hear Tara discuss the ups and downs of buying her mom’s practice, as well as how she uses financial therapy to impact and help her clients grow in life and success. You'll learn the specifics of her firm, who she focuses on helping, and the difficult niches she serves. Her journey is truly fascinating, and there’s so much you can learn from her experience.
Listen to the Full Interview:
What You'll Learn from This Episode:
- What it was like growing up in financial planning.
- The complications of buying the family business.
- Who Tara works with and the unique niches she reaches out to.
- How she put together her own business.
- Why she started tax prep and why it’s so critical to financial planning.
- What financial therapy is and why it’s so important.
- The different levels of plans Tara provides.
- The importance of hiring quality staff that are smarter than you.
Featured on the Show:
- Tara Unverzagt: Website | LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter
- SBFP: Let's Talk about Money Facebook Group
- Financial Therapy Association
- Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
- #XYPNLIVE Registration
- XYPN PAUSE: Business Strategy Program
- XYPN VIP Community
This Episode is Sponsored By:
We’re an open book here at XY Planning Network. That’s why we’re giving you an inside look at our company through our Year 5 Annual Report. This report is your chance to learn more about Team XYPN, see what our fifth year in business looked like, take a behind-the-scenes look at our stats, get a sneak peek at what’s to come, and more. Download your copy at xyplanningnetwork.com/annualreport.