After working for his previous firm for 19 years and then being unexpectedly fired, Mark Wilson was forced to reset his life. Now the owner and only employee of MILE Wealth Management, Mark joins the show today to discuss what pushed him to start his own firm and how he is focusing on the successes ahead.
In this episode, Mark opens up about his struggles with his previous firm, as well as how he ultimately managed to become a partner. Listen in to learn the importance of focusing on the bigger prize and not just your next paycheck. If you are thinking about starting your own firm or making a career change, this is the episode for you.
Listen to the Full Interview:
What You'll Learn from This Episode:
- An overview of Mark’s career.
- How he decided to switch from running a software firm to getting into financial advising.
- How he managed to become a partner of his previous firm.
- The importance of focusing on the bigger picture.
- Mark’s fee structure.
- Why he sets up accountability check-ins and what they entail.
- What his hopes are for MILE Wealth Management in the future.
Featured on the Show:
- Mark Wilson: Website | LinkedIn
- #XYPNLIVE Registration
- XYPN PAUSE: Business Strategy Program
- XYPN VIP Community
This Episode is Sponsored By:
We’re an open book here at XY Planning Network. That’s why we’re giving you an inside look at our company through our Year 5 Annual Report. This report is your chance to learn more about Team XYPN, see what our fifth year in business looked like, take a behind-the-scenes look at our stats, get a sneak peek at what’s to come, and more. Download your copy at xyplanningnetwork.com/annualreport.