Over the past 200 episodes, we’ve sat down with hundreds of entrepreneurs to show you the ups and downs of building a practice and the lessons learned along the way. Our goal is to help you see a wider perspective of what it means to be a financial planner and own a business, and one of the best ways to do that is by asking all of our guests what advice they would give their younger selves. So to celebrate this milestone episode, we've taken those valuable tips and put them together for today's show.
You will hear clips from our past episodes of some of the best advice in the industry, learned by real people from real experiences. Listen in to hear how to handle fear and discomfort in the right way, why it's so important to accept help from your community and team, what it takes to set effective goals, and much more.
Listen to the Full Interview:
What You'll Learn from This Episode:
- The importance of a good team and support system.
- How to leverage fear to your advantage.
- Why the process and systems you create are game changers.
- The transformative power of big goals and work ethic.
- Why having a true service mindset is so valuable.
- How to develop through patience and mixed career paths into a bigger, better place.
- How important it is to self-invest.
- The value of finding balance between family and work.
- Why you don’t need to know it all or be the best to be YOUR best.
- How to see the blessings in the trials and not give up when things feel the worst.
- The payoff of focus and niche models.
- The dangers of comparison.
- The power of truly knowing yourself, from strengths to weaknesses.
Featured on the Show:
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
- The Story of 1000 Pots
- XYPN PAUSE: Business Strategy Program
- XYPN Live Radio
- XYPN VIP Community
This Episode is Sponsored By:
Is bookkeeping a major pain point for you? If so, you’re not alone. Many financial advisors hate bookkeeping, and guess what? They’re often terrible at it too! Enter the Bean Team at FA Bean Counters, powered by XY Planning Network. Their free Chart of Accounts Template will help you tackle one of the most basic, but often incorrectly done, bookkeeping tasks. Visit fabeancounters.com/xypnradio to download the template and learn how to set up your Chart of Accounts like a pro.