Today, we’re excited to welcome Carl Richards to #XYPNRadio. Carl is the director of investor education for the BAM ALLIANCE, a community of over 130 independent wealth management firms throughout the United States, and the author of The Behavior Gap.
He’s had a fascinating path in financial planning, including how he actually got into the securities industry while applying for a position as a bouncer.
Join us as Carl shares his journey of becoming a financial planner, and later, an author and an artist with absolutely no art background. In this wide-ranging conversation, we spend a good bit of time focusing on Carl’s unique financial planning process, from introductory meeting all the way through plan delivery.
You don’t want to miss this exclusive look under the hood of how Carl provides financial planning as well as his solid advice that that will surely positively impact your business.
Listen to the Full Interview:
What You'll Learn From This Episode:
- A funny story of how Carl broke into the securities industry.
- Why he decided to stay in the industry.
- Why simply throwing facts and figures at your prospects doesn’t work most of the time.
- The importance of learning proper communication skills.
- Carl’s tips for building trust and having a successful conversation with prospects.
- What it really means to be a financial planner.
- Carl’s unique financial planning process.
- Why he never charged prospects until after the second meeting if they were ready to make a commitment.
- The three things Carl believes financial planners get paid for.
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Carl: www.BehaviorGap.com | Email
- The One-Page Financial Plan: A Simple Way to Be Smart About Your Money by Carl Richards
- Our Free VIP community
- The Behavior Gap: Simple Ways to Stop Doing Dumb Things with Money by Carl Richards
- Learn more about George Kinder
- Crucial Conversations by Kerry Patterson and Joseph Grenny
- Values-Based Selling by Bill Bachrach and Tom Klare
- If you would like to join Carl’s new membership community, send an email to email@example.com
- Episode 5: How Fee-Only Advisors Help Clients Get Insurance with Mark Mauer
This Episode Is Sponsored by: