Today, Julie Ford joins the show to share how she started her successful financial planning career and how XY Planning Network helped her along the way. Specializing in serving city-dwelling couples, Julie prioritizes empowering her clients with the tools they need to create order in their financial world and reduce stress around money.
Listen in to hear Julie's full story, from starting at home whilst taking care of her two young children to becoming an entrepreneur and managing 20-30 clients at a time. We'll discuss her focus on working with clients on a six-month project plan with the goal of using their finances to fuel their dreams. If you are a young professional looking to build wealth or a parent of college-bound children, this is the episode for you!
Listen to the Full Interview:
What You'll Learn from This Episode:
- An overview of Julie’s career and how she got started.
- How her career was able to open doors for her husband's career.
- How Julie is able to make time for family life while also being a successful business woman.
- Her fees and how she was able to realize her worth.
- The importance of getting registered as an investment advisor.
- Julie’s advice on how to handle doubting your potential.
- How to manage your time as an entrepreneur.
- Why it’s important to understand your clients' wants and needs.
- Why Julie prefers six-month engagements rather than one-off visits.
- How she helps young professionals build wealth during those years of building a family.
Featured on the Show:
- Julie Ford: Website | Twitter| LinkedIn
- XYPN PAUSE: Business Strategy Program
- XYPN Live Radio
- XYPN VIP Community
This Episode is Sponsored By:
Is bookkeeping a major pain point for you? If so, you’re not alone. Many financial advisors hate bookkeeping, and guess what? They’re often terrible at it too! Enter the Bean Team at FA Bean Counters, powered by XY Planning Network. Their free Chart of Accounts Template will help you tackle one of the most basic, but often incorrectly done, bookkeeping tasks. Visit fabeancounters.com/xypnradio to download the template and learn how to set up your Chart of Accounts like a pro.