When it comes to starting a firm, there’s so much to know about implementation and getting started. After experiencing this firsthand, Arielle Minicozzi found a way to help other advisors with their processes to give them the ability to serve more clients and run their business more successfully. In this episode, she sits down to chat about her career transition, passion for helping millennial home buyers, partnering up with another financial planner, and more.
Arielle’s experience is valuable to those who are thinking about starting their own firm—or even those who have been in the business for a while. She talks about how she got valuable experience that paid off big time and the value of having support and using systems to work more effectively in order to offer more value to your clients. Her success and passion for what she does says a lot about the importance of paying attention to what you’re good at and what you enjoy, as well as why we shouldn't be afraid to take risks.
Listen to the Full Interview:
What You'll Learn from This Episode:
- An overview of Arielle’s business and business focus.
- How she started her career in finance.
- What helped her discover her niche.
- How she found her love for financial advising.
- How she managed a move and earning her CFP while planning and executing her transition.
- Why she prefers in-person to online studies.
- How being a loan officer helped with her work experience requirements.
- The issues she faced with finding the right clients and finding her way into the market.
- The toughest part of starting a business.
- How Arielle was able to find support.
- How she gained experience in taxes and made money on the side.
- The biggest asset she carried into being a financial planner.
- How her launch and client acquisition happened initially.
- Why her focus has shifted.
- What drove her to partner with another advisor.
- Her long-term vision for the business and why this is important.
- The importance of processes and where her passion for this came from.
- What it means to build processes and how Arielle does it effectively.
- How she helps advisors automate and plan processes.
- Upcoming projects she’s working on.
- Her best advice for new advisors.
Featured on the Show:
- Arielle Minicozzi: Site | Twitter | XYPN | YouTube | Instagram
- Modern Money Advisor
- Ep #187: Laying the Foundation for Growth by Merging with Another Firm - The Career of Angela Moore
- Fairleigh Dickinson University
- VITA clinic
- H&R Block
- Mark Cuban - Exit Strategies
- Process Street
- Microsoft Flow
- XYPN PAUSE: Business Strategy Program
- XYPN Live Radio
- XYPN VIP Community
This Episode is Sponsored By:
Are you the Chief Marketing Officer of your RIA? Do you have a love-hate relationship with marketing? Do you understand the importance of marketing your firm, but have no idea where to start? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you need our free Marketing Funnel Download. If you have a leak in your funnel, you could be spinning your wheels, missing opportunities, and gaining little traction. Use our free template to map your funnel and get a clear picture of your strategy. Visit xyplanningnetwork.com/funnel to download the template.