Making the shift from serving in the Marines to navigating the financial services world is not the easiest transition, but Steven Fox managed it and ended up owning his own successful firm. In this episode, he shares how he initially learned about the financial planning field and decided it was what he really wanted to do, as well as the steps he took to build his career.
You’ll get some great insight on gaining and on-boarding clients as Steven explains how his processes attract the right people and make things run more efficiently. He also talks about his vision for the future growth of the firm, how he plans to continue learning and growing, his involvement in Financial Independence Training for military members, and how you can get involved in this non-profit, as well.
Listen to the Full Interview:
Want more from XYPN Radio? Become a VIP to access our private community!
What You'll Learn from This Episode:
- A snapshot of Steven’s business and who he serves.
- How he found out about financial planning and decided to go that direction.
- What he gained from joining a student association.
- How he navigated launching his own firm, taking the CFP, and having a baby right out of college.
- How the first 6 months of business went for him and his family.
- The details of each step of his sales process.
- Where most of his clients come from.
- How he on-boards all of his new clients efficiently.
- His plans for growing his firm in the future.
- His work with the non-profit Financial Independence Training and how you can get involved.
Featured on the Show:
- Steven Fox: Website | LinkedIn | XYPN | Twitter | Facebook
- Financial Independence Training
- San Diego State University
- Yelp Advertising
- Nancy Bleeke
This Episode is Sponsored By:
How much money do you need to launch your own firm? That’s a question we’ve gotten at XY Planning Network hundreds—if not thousands—of times. To answer it once and for all, we developed a free budget template that accounts for the many variables of your first year in business. Along with the template, successful XYPN members opened their books for us and shared how they did it, what they spent, and what they’d do differently. Our First Year Budget Download is an incredibly valuable resource for anyone considering launching a firm of their own. Download it for free at www.xyplanningnetwork.com/budget.