Deb launched WorthyNest two years ago, and her focus is now on working with Christian parents who share her values. She continues to run her tax practice in addition to the RIA, and managed to do so while living in Spain for three months with her husband and three young sons. In this episode, she shares how she balanced her work and family time throughout her entrepreneurial journey, why she felt compelled to launch her RIA, and advice for listeners who are considering starting a business of their own.
Listen to the Full Interview:
What You'll Learn from This Episode:
- An overview of WorthyNest and the niche they serve.
- The difference between a family office and a smaller RIA.
- Deb’s path to launching her own firm.
- Why she decided to start a financial planning firm when she already owned a CPA firm.
- What led to her focus on Christian families.
- How working with Christian families impacts her service model.
- Where Deb’s flow of clients comes from.
- What made her decide to merge with a partner.
- How the pair structured their compensation.
- How Deb handled operating her business and her kids’ schooling during a three-month trip to Spain.
- What she has learned over the years and wants to share with listeners thinking about starting a business or in the middle of starting one.
Featured on the Show:
- Deb Meyer: Site | LinkedIn | Twitter
- SV CPA Services
- The Art of Work: A Proven Path to Discovering What You Were Meant to Do by Jeff Goins
This Episode is Sponsored By:
NAPFA Members, listen up! Supersize your NAPFA membership with all the perks from XY
Planning Network. For starters, your annual NAPFA fee is covered by your XYPN membership. Plus, access XYPN’s lead generation opportunities, including the popular Find an Advisor Portal, blog syndication, national media request program and more. Take advantage of free and discounted tech, an expert compliance team, E&O insurance, individualized coaching and so much more! Visit www.xyplanningnetwork.com/supersize to download a special guide for NAPFA members.