In this episode, Eric shares the struggles he went through in his first year as an entrepreneur, dealing with very little interest from prospects and limited revenue. Now averaging one prospect meeting per week, Eric has built a successful firm that has allowed him to spend 5 months out of the country over the last two years. Listen in to hear how he did it, as well as his advice for other financial planners hoping to start their own businesses one day.
Listen to the Full Interview:
What You'll Learn from This Episode:
- Eric’s path into financial planning.
- What made him decide to leave a high-paying job to start his own firm.
- The phases of his entrepreneurial journey.
- What kept him going during his rocky first year.
- His firm's fee structure and service model.
- The easiest tangible money saver to offer clients.
- How Eric’s tax planning process differs from other advisors.
- How clients find him.
- Advice for newer advisors who are thinking about starting a business.
Featured on the Show:
This Episode is Sponsored By:
Orion Advisor Services helps you simplify the complexities of running an advisory business with the industry’s most integrated portfolio management technology platform. Built to reflect your needs, customized to achieve your goals, and delivered with the support you need to be successful. Get back to the business of serving your clients with technology that works for you. Learn more at www.orionadvisor.com.