Michael also opens up about his difficulties in finding a niche and how it is something he has been developing over time. He discusses the different packages he uses and the platforms he has his clients on, and how this works into his business plan. Michael gets honest about the mistakes he has made, the importance of mentorship, his rotary experience, his involvement with victims of the California wildfires and more.
Listen to the Full Interview:
What You'll Learn from This Episode:
- The three environments Michael provided financial planning services and the differences between them.
- The learning curve of talking to people about their money and how he navigated it.
- The importance of speaking confidently and communicating the right way.
- Why he ultimately moved to being fee only.
- His involvement in rotary and how it has been significant in his journey.
- The service models he uses and how they work.
- How he has built his firm to serve clients of all wealth levels.
- The work he has done with victims of the California wildfires.
Featured on the Show:
This Episode is Sponsored By:
Orion Advisor Services helps you simplify the complexities of running an advisory business with the industry’s most integrated portfolio management technology platform. Built to reflect your needs, customized to achieve your goals, and delivered with the support you need to be successful. Get back to the business of serving your clients with technology that works for you. Learn more at www.orionadvisor.com.