Today’s guest is a thought leader in the financial industry who has been published in Black Enterprise, CNBC, Financial Advisor, ThinkAdvisor, MarketWatch, US News & World Report, Women’s Health, and many more. Rianka Dorsainvil is the founder of Your Greatest Contribution, as well as the creator and host of the 2050 Trailblazers podcast, which directly addresses the lack of diversity in the financial planning profession.
A young minority female, Rianka offers a unique voice in the industry, and she is using it to promote inclusion of all kinds. Listen in to hear her inspiring story of following through with what she was meant to do—even when she sometimes didn’t want to embrace it—how she's working to make the industry more inclusive, and what she says all entrepreneurs need to remember in order to keep going even when the going gets rough.
Listen to the Full Interview:
What You'll Learn from This Episode:
- Rianka’s path into financial planning.
- What made her decide to start her own firm.
- The touching moment that helped her see the true impact of her work.
- How she gets a lot of her clients.
- Her firm's service model and fee structure.
- What made her consider merger offers—and why she ultimately decided a merger wasn’t right for her.
- The thing Rianka would love to see the financial planning profession do better.
- What 2050 Trailblazers is and why it’s so important in the industry.
- Why diversity initiatives need both minorities and non-minorities to take part in them.
- Advice Rianka would go back and give her younger self.
Featured on the Show:
- Rianka Dorsainvil: Site | LinkedIn | Twitter
- 2050 Trailblazers
- 2050 Trailblazers Podcast Episode 8
- 2050 Trailblazers Podcast Episode 9
This Episode is Sponsored By:
AdvicePay is the first and only compliant payment processor built specifically for financial advisors. Manage and allow your clients to pay all of your one-time invoices and recurring fees via credit card or ACH. For the first time, advisors can have their clients pay monthly, quarterly, or semi-annually without having to log in and make payments every time. Multi-advisor firms can take advantage of the enterprise version, which allows the firm to manage payments and invoices across all of their advisors. All of this while never triggering custody. See for yourself by signing up for a 14-day free trial of the platform at www.advicepay.com.