At one point, he came to the surprising realization that he was the only Spanish-speaking CFP in San Diego, as well as the only advisor who truly understood cultural norms for his target clients. This allowed Xavier to establish trust with his clients, and bring them along with him as he moved among several different RIAs before ultimately starting his own firm. Listen in to hear how Xavier has managed to build a successful firm, his plans for growing it in the future, and more.
Listen to the Full Interview:
What You'll Learn from This Episode:
- How Xavier got into financial planning.
- One thing he learned to be very helpful for getting new clients.
- How he communicated his transitions between firms and got his clients to stick with him.
- The aha moment that led to Xavier breaking away and starting his own financial planning firm.
- Where Global Vantage Wealth Management stands today.
- What differentiates their service model.
- How the fee structure works at Global Vantage Wealth Management.
- The unique challenges of working with assets in different countries..
- Xavier's plans for growing his business in the future.
- Advice Xavier would go back and give his younger self.
Featured on the Show:
This Episode Sponsored By:
Support for today’s episode comes from Valenta BPO, providing virtual assistant and paraplanner outsourcing solutions specifically for financial advisors and the financial planning industry. What highly repetitive tasks are you doing that take up your time and keep you from seeing more clients? What if those tasks (like data input, building financial plans, document organization, and more) could be done by a trained professional who could complete these tasks with quality, accuracy, and efficiency? Valenta BPO can take that on for you. Visit valentabpo.com to see how Valenta BPO can help you do more of what only you can do.