Diana gets real with us about how difficult the transition was and what missteps she took as she fumbled through her new venture. She shares the issues she faced while growing a firm and a family at the same time. Diana also discusses the benefits of going out on her own and finding the right clients who she was actually passionate about helping, and able to help in a significant way.
Listen to the Full Interview:
What You'll Learn from This Episode:
- How Diana’s income tax background has helped her clients benefit from the tax laws.
- The importance of the net worth statement and how it effects clients.
- The specific hurdles faced by her female clients and how she is able to help them.
- How she was trained in executive compensation.
- What pulled her toward the fee-only model and away from a comfortable job.
- Why she struggles with business development.
- How she find a passion for property settlements and decided to get a CDFA designation.
- Why it can be wise to limit your growth.
Featured on the Show:
Support for today’s episode comes from Ruby Receptionists, the only live remote receptionist service dedicated to helping financial service professionals win more clients and build trust. From their studio in Portland, Oregon, Ruby's friendly, professional receptionists ensure exceptional client experiences by answering calls live in English or Spanish, transferring calls, taking messages, addressing common questions, collecting new client intake, making follow up call and more—just like an in-house receptionist, at a fraction of the cost. Let Ruby help you turn rings into relationships! For a special offer visit callruby.com/XYPN and use promocode XYPN Or call (844) 853-7829