Ashley discusses his journey into the financial planning world and how he found the value in serving his specific niche. He also makes it clear how complicated the process can get and how he navigates those complications. Ashley emphasizes the need for an additional knowledge base for his niche that shows how the laws and programs from different countries work together.
Listen to the Full Interview:
What You'll Learn from This Episode:
- How Ashley found his way into financial advising and his current niche.
- Why Ashley turned away from providing insurance and turned to advising it.
- How he goes about working with underwriters.
- How the process worked when he moved from San Francisco to Minnesota.
- How advisors should go about working with expat clients.
- Why it's dangerous to work with Expats if you don't have the right expertise.
- The importance of cash flow planning and how it sets Ashley's firm apart from the rest.
Featured on the Show:
- Ashley Murphy: Website | Twitter | LinkedIn | YouTube
- Dodd Frank
- Robert Kiyosaki
- Interactive Brokers
- TD Ameritrade
Support for today’s episode comes from Ruby Receptionists, the only live remote receptionist service dedicated to helping financial service professionals win more clients and build trust. From their studio in Portland, Oregon, Ruby's friendly, professional receptionists ensure exceptional client experiences by answering calls live in English or Spanish, transferring calls, taking messages, addressing common questions, collecting new client intake, making follow up call and more—just like an in-house receptionist, at a fraction of the cost. Let Ruby help you turn rings into relationships! For a special offer visit callruby.com/XYPN and use promocode XYPN Or call (844) 853-7829