Becoming a financial planner wasn’t at the top of Jason Howell’s list, but through working in finance and politics he made his way into a career he's passionate about. He joins us on the show today to share his career and the growing process he went through. From running for political office, to getting his CFP – the road has been challenging but rewarding.
Jason gives some great insight into what it’s like to run in an election and how to get started if you’re interested in doing that. He also gets into what really drives him to work in the financial advising and planning field and how he ultimately found his way to being a financial planner. He shares the vision for his business and the focus he has on a certain niche that really engages his passions.
Listen to the Full Interview:
What You'll Learn from This Episode:
- Recommendations on how to run for political office and how to start a campaign.
- The difficulties that come with running as independent and what he learned from his run.
- What motivated him to transition from accounting and politics to financial planning.
- How working in insurance influenced his financial planning career.
- How he prepared to start his own firm.
- The importance of finding a niche and how to find one that works for you.
- How he got his business off the ground quickly when he didn’t have much time to do it.
- How to come up with a fee structure that benefits you and your clients.
- Where he gets clients and how he has seen success in acquiring them.
Featured on the Show:
- XYPN VIP Community
- New York Life
- Michael Kitces
- Form U5
- Series 65
- Financial Planning Magazine
- Kaplan University Financial Planning