We're starting something new. this week! This is the first of a new monthly bonus episode series where Michael Kitces and I will answer your questions. Using this like a "mailbag" episode, we'll reach into our emails and pull out questions that we get throughout the month from listeners. We're excited because this gives us both the fun opportunity to speak directly to what you're thinking about, puzzling through, and looking for as you tune in.
Today, we answer four questions from our VIP community, centered mostly around niche marketing and growing your practice. If this is an area of interest for you or if you have questions surrounding these topics, don't miss out on this episode!
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You'll Learn From This Episode:
- A realistic look at how to start building your book in your first year.
- The most cost-effective way to start getting clients.
- Michael’s ridiculously easy advice to get new clients.
- Why it's okay to aim for one new client a month.
- Why I don’t like cultivating peer referral sources.
- The question that made Michael wince.
- How to drive prospects to your firm.
- The #1 trigger to bail on your niche.
- How Michael and I actually met.
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Michael: Kitces.com | Nerd’s Eye View | Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn | YouTube
- XYPN Radio Ep #1: The Career of Michael Kitces – How He Became the King Nerd” of Financial Planning
- XYPN Radio Ep #9: Preparing for a Career in Financial Planning and How to Avoid Making a Big Hiring Mistake with Caleb Brown of New Planner Recruiting
- XYPN Radio Ep #10: The Career of Mary Beth Storjohann – From Receptionist to Business Owner at 29 Years-Old
- Financial Planning Association
- Garrett Planning Network
- CFP Board
- Become an #XYPNRadio VIP
This Episode is Sponsored by: