It's hard to believe we've already made it to episode 100, but here we are! We're so thrilled you've been with us this long, whether you've listened to every single episode or you only recently discovered the podcast. We're doing something a bit different for this episode to celebrate!
Over twenty of our previous guests were kind enough to record some advice - to their younger selves, to financial planners specifically, and to all of us as human beings. From episode 2 to episode 99, this crop of guests truly spans the history of XYPN Radio.
From tips on entrepreneurship and persistence to those on having fun and being positive, tune in to our one-hundredth episode for some excellent insights from standout guests. There are many ways to define and find success - and these guests all have their own. Thank you again for being a part of the XYPN community, and join us for the next 100!
Listen to the Full Interview:
What You'll Learn from This Episode:
- How you're all helping us acheieve our goals: to make financial planning into a true profession, and bring real financial planning to the masses.
- Why you have to embrace the messy parts of entrepreneurship.
- The importance of being patient with yourself while you figure out your next career or business move.
- How our previous guests recommend you deal with inevitable imperfections in life and business.
- Why you shouldn't wait to get started on whatever it is you're passionate about.
- And much more sage advice from previous guests!
Featured on the Show:
- Register for #XYPN17
- XYPN Radio VIP Community
- Financial Media Exchange
- Ep #2: In Inside Look Into Carl Richards' Financial Planning Process
- Ep #5: How Fee-Only Advisors Help Clients Get Insurance with Mark Maurer
- Ep #6: The Career of Eric Roberge - How He Built a Business to Support the Life of His Dreams
- Ep #8: Bill Winterberg from FPPad.com Talks Technology Trends in Financial Planning
- Ep #29: Building a Virtual Firm by Marketing Locally with Eric Roberge
- Ep #40: Embracing Imposter Syndrome with Carl Richards
- Ep #47: Family and Financial Planning - the Career of Pam Horack
- Ep #52: How In-Person Networking Can Land 27 Clients in 12 Months
- Ep #54: Developing a Financial Literacy Program with Jennifer Harper
- Ep #57: How to Be An Entrepreneur in Financial Planning
- Ep #60: Financial Life Coaching with Garrett Philbin
- Ep #62: Surviving the Storm on the Path to Success - The Career of Andrew McFadden
- Ep #65: Developing a Specialty Service Around College Planning
- Ep #68: How to Use PR to Grow Your RIA with Megan Carpenter
- Ep #72: Creating an Encore Career with Linden Cornett
- Ep #75: Location Independent and Working with Expats - the Career of Hui-chin Chen
- Ep #77: Building a Niche Market Practice with No Formal Experience - an Interview with Kristin Harad
- Ep #80: Planner, Professor, and Parent - the Career of Inga Chira
- Ep #84: Surviving Depression to Find Happiness and Success - the Career of Dave Grant
- Ep #87: Building a Monthly Retainer Firm in Brazil - the Career of André Novaes
- Ep #88: From Outsourced Virtual Operations Manager to RIA Owner - The Career of Chloé Moore
- Ep #91: Disrupting the TAMP Marketplace with a Flat-Fee Offering - An Interview with Scott MacKillop of First Ascent Asset Management
- Ep #93: The Path from Commission to Hybrid to Fee-Only - An Interview with Sean Kernan
- Ep #94: Career Changing from Teacher to Financial Advisor - the Career of Ryan Frailich
- Ep #97: Surviving the First Year to Thriving in the Second Year - An Interview with Dan Andrews
- Ep #98: The Value of Business Coaching for Advisors - An Interview with Arlene Moss