This week, we're excited to welcome Dr. Daniel Crosby to XYPN Radio. Daniel is one of the most well-known names in the behavioral finance and economics world. He is the founder of Nocturne Capital and the author of The Laws of Wealth: Psychology and The Secret to Investing Success.
On this episode, we're diving into behavioral finance and how you can start helping clients make good decisions. Daniel’s message is incredibly powerful and he explains how you can better help clients understand the financial effects their choices have on their lives.
He also shares some of his processes for helping clients make good decisions within your own financial planning firm, and answers some of the great questions our VIPs have asked in the exclusive podcast community on Facebook. (If you're not yet a member, be sure to visit xyplanningnetwork.com/vip to sign up for VIP access!)
Listen to the Full Interview:
[smart_track_player url="http://traffic.libsyn.com/xyplanningnetwork/XYPN046.mp3" artist="XYPN Radio" image="http://www.xyplanningnetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/XY-Planning-Podcast-150.png" social="true" social_twitter="true" social_facebook="true" social_gplus="true" ]
What You'll Learn from This Episode:
- How Daniel was able to blend two of his greatest interests into a career.
- What the US needs to learn from Europe that would help financial planners.
- The entrepreneurial opportunities that Daniel has found in the financial world.
- The biggest challenge that most financial planners are facing that most clients do not understand.
- How to use Daniel’s 4-P model.
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Daniel: Nocturne Capital | Wealth Management | LinkedIn | Twitter
- Nocturne Capital: The Behavioral Finance Reading List
- The Laws of Wealth: Psychology and The Secret to Investing Success by Dr. Daniel Crosby
- Nudge: Improving Decisions About Health, Wealth, and Happiness by Richard Thaler and Cass Sunstein
- Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
- Irrational Exuberance by Robert Shiller
- One Big Thing: Discovering What You Were Born To Do by Phil Howard Cooke
- Brinker Capital
- Louann Lofton
- Martin E.P. Seligman
- eMoney Advisor