Continuing the monthly tradition, Kitces and I return to answer your questions “mailbag style.” We pull your unanswered questions from our VIP community, emails and social media to bring you a fun and interesting take on your unanswered questions.
Today, we tackle your burning questions on the topics ranging from compliance and regulations of bringing in an investor or advisor to monthly retainers and how to sell to younger clients. You don’t want to miss this episode; we just may be answering the question that you’ve been dying to get an answer to.
Listen in below!
Listen to the Full Interview:
What You'll Learn From This Episode:
- How to prove your expertise versus marketing to a niche.
- The formula for getting experience in your chosen niche.
- How to differentiate yourself from everyone else market segment.
- Why your marketing should be repelling more people than bringing in.
- How to sell financial planning to younger clients.
- Why you should bare it all in the first meeting with potential clients.
- The differences between a CPA/PFS and CFP certification.
- How to tell whether it’s a "valley" or it's time call it quits on your firm.
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Michael: Kitces.com| Nerd’s Eye View| Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn | Google+| YouTube
- XYPN Radio Ep #3: The Career of Sophia Bera – From Actress to Firm Owner
- XYPN Radio Ep #4: Blogging Your Way To The Top with Jeff Rose
- XYPN Radio Ep #6: The Career of Eric Roberge – How He Built a Business to Support the Life of His Dreams
- XYPN Radio Ep #10: The Career of Mary Beth Storjohann – From Receptionist to Business Owner at 29 Years-Old
- XYPN Radio Ep #11: Crisis of Differentiation and the Niche Imperative
- XYPN Radio Ep #13: The Career of Matt Becker – Starting a Firm From Scratch With No Experience
- XYPN Radio Ep #14: The Career of Daniel Wrenne – From Northwestern Mutual Insurance Agent to Fee-Only Financial Planner
- XYPN Radio Ep #17: BONUS EPISODE – Alan and Kitces Unhinged (Mailbag Style!)
- XYPN Radio Ep #18: The Career of Brittney Castro – From $0 to $250k Revenue in 24 Months with No AUM
- XYPN Radio Ep #19: The Career of Katie Brewer – Using Speaking Gigs to Get Prospective Clients (and Income!)
- XYPN Radio Ep #21: The Career of Justin Rush – How a Failed Startup Attempt Led to Success
- Brittany Castro
- Sophia Bera
- Matt Becker
- Daniel Wrenne
- Mary Beth Storjohann
- Eric Roberge
- Adobe Document Cloud
- Hello Sign
- Pinnacle Advisory Group
- Selling the Invisible: A Field Guide to Modern Marketing by Harry Beckwith
- Getting Naked: A Business Fable About Shedding The Fears That Sabotage Client Loyalty by Patrick Lencioni
This Episode Is Sponsored by: