If you're interested in what’s going on in the world of student loans and want to find the best ways to help your clients who have them, then this episode is for you. Two of the leading student loans experts, Heather Jarvis and Jantz Hoffman, join the show today to discuss the latest news and tips regarding student loans and how to best serve clients within this niche.
We'll discuss everything from the current state of student loans to the growing trends and changes happening in this arena. Heather and Jantz also share their backgrounds, how they got into the field and what made them so interested in serving clients with student loan debt. Listen in as we talk about and try to make sense of the AIM Higher Act, the status of loan forgiveness programs, trends in loan related benefits, lawsuits regarding student loans and more.
Listen to the Full Interview:
What You'll Learn from This Episode:
- The most recent data on how much student debt is currently out there and what this means for advisors.
- How debt levels are affecting different generations.
- What Heather and Jantz expect for the future of student loans.
- The unexpected benefits of student loans.
- What the AIM Higher Act is and how the changes will affect student loan clients.
- Potential issues with the mandatory payroll withholding proposal.
- Why we need more simplicity in the student loan process.
- Updates on the public service loan forgiveness programs and their unforeseen downfalls.
- What is happening with the current student loan lawsuits and the effect they’ll have on the industry.
- How financial advisors can get certified to work with student loan borrowers.
- What is going on with the student loan benefits offered by employers.
Featured on the Show:
- Heather Jarvis: Website | Blohttp://askheatherjarvis.com/blog/temporary-expanded-pslfg | Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
- Jantz Hoffman: CSLA | LinkedIn
- Ep #48: How to Advise on Student Loans in Financial Planning
- Aim Higher Act
- Mandatory Payroll Withholding proposal by Sen. Lamar Alexander
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Certified Student Loan Professional
- XYPN PAUSE: Business Strategy Program
- XYPN Live Radio
- XYPN VIP Community
This Episode is Sponsored By:
Is bookkeeping a major pain point for you? If so, you’re not alone. Many financial advisors hate bookkeeping, and guess what? They’re often terrible at it too! Enter the Bean Team at FA Bean Counters, powered by XY Planning Network. Their free Chart of Accounts Template will help you tackle one of the most basic, but often incorrectly done, bookkeeping tasks. Visit fabeancounters.com/xypnradio to download the template and learn how to set up your Chart of Accounts like a pro.