From his unconventional start in the financial planning world and how he was pushed into what he does now, we’ll get to learn from the insight Martin has gained over his unique career path. We also discuss risk taking and how that works as an immigrant and entrepreneur with a young family. He gives some great tips on setting up a practice in a less stressful way, fee structure, service models and the need to start hiring help for his firm.
Listen to the Full Interview:
What You'll Learn from This Episode:
- How Martin, originally from Sweden, ended up in Seattle.
- The perks of having clients around the country.
- How he realized he didn’t want to work with places like Merrill Lynch or Morgan Stanley.
- What his ‘Back-Door’ entrance into financial planning was.
- The benefits of having a CFA and how it pushed him into consulting.
- The difficulty of transitioning from working for advisors to working for himself.
- How he found his clients over his 4 years in business.
- Why it’s so important to show your passion for what you do.
- The details of his fee structure and service model.
- Why he has no staff so far but plans to bring on team members.
- Martin’s best ‘Do as I say, not as I did’ moments.
Featured on the Show:
- Martin Lundgren: Website, Facebook, Linkedin
- Merrill Lynch
- Morgan Stanley
- LPL Financial
- Swedish American Chamber of Commerce
- Nancy Bleeke - Sales Coach
- Garrett Planning Network
This Episode is Sponsored By:
NAPFA Members, listen up! Supersize your NAPFA membership with all the perks from XY
Planning Network. For starters, your annual NAPFA fee is covered by your XYPN membership. Plus, access XYPN’s lead generation opportunities, including the popular Find an Advisor Portal, blog syndication, national media request program and more. Take advantage of free and discounted tech, an expert compliance team, E&O insurance, individualized coaching and so much more! Visit www.xyplanningnetwork.com/supersize to download a special guide for NAPFA members.